Акшай Кумар / Akshay Kumar

Neha
Стаж: 15 лет 10 месяцев
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Neha » 05 сен 2008 22:39

sanjana писал(а):
Riana писал(а):Они стоющая пара!
ты впервые оценила Катрину!
на мой взгляд, у них просто изумительная пара - интеллигентная, утонченная, одухотворенная.. Акшай рядом с Катриной показывает какие-то фантастические глубины.. Очень их люблю вместе.

И вот это мне очень нравится. Красиво.. :D

Изображение

irisha
Стаж: 16 лет 10 месяцев
Контактная информация:

Сообщение irisha » 06 сен 2008 00:02

[quote="Cahan"]Изображение
[img]http://open.az/uploads/posts/2008-08/th ... 97_akw.jpg
Ой......, тут прям как дед старый :x :!: :shock: :?
Изображение

Neha
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Neha » 06 сен 2008 00:06

irisha писал(а):
Ой......, тут прям как дед старый :x :!: :shock: :?
Да ты шо... :D До деда ему еще ой как далеко, сыночку только шесть лет стукнет.. 8)

А бороду его просто обожаю.. Так жалко было, когда сбрил. Какой-то он в этой бороде другой совсем. Просветленный, что ли.. И очень теплый.

Cahan
Стаж: 16 лет 3 месяца
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Cahan » 08 сен 2008 15:04

Завтра этому замечательному и талантливому актеру Болливуда исполняется 41! Дай Бог ему счастья и успехов! :D

Изображение
Изображение

Cahan
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Cahan » 08 сен 2008 21:26

Stars about Akshay

She describes Akshay as “big and hunky and the most handsome man in Bollywood”. To which Akshay gasped and said “I have never been described like that before!”
Emma has seen one of his films though she can’t remember the name. “He did a lot of stunts in that film. He’s very good in action. I would say he’s the equivalent of Bruce Willis,” she says before zooming away into the night.

- Emma Parker Bowles -

Preity loved working with Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan in Jaan-e-
Mann. "I worked with Akshay in Sangharsh many years ago. That was a
very serious film. I loved working with Akshay. It was an important
film for both of us.

Akshay has got only better. He looks and acts better. He'd be on the
sets at 5 in the morning. I'd be like, 'Don't you have a life?' I've
never seen him lose his cool. He's wonderful, always happy at work.
And he's grown so much as an actor…

- Preity Zinta

Akshay Kumar and I not the best of friends. But, even I can't ignore the fact that we've had the longest and most successful innings together. We started our association with a hit Waqt Hamara Hai(1993) and in the 10 years that have followed, we've given four more hits including Mohra(1994), Hera Pheri(2000), Dhadkan(2000) and Awara Pagal Deewana(2002). I would be a fool to break up an association with Akshay just because I have a bone to pick with him occasionally.

- Suniel Shetty

“I knew it the first time I saw it, that he would make it big and that he had it in him to be an actor. I am very happy how far he has come.” From assistant to actor

- Govinda -

Akshay Kumar recently said that 'You don't need to be a Khan to become a superstar.' Your comment.

I think he is absolutely right. Akshay is a superstar and he is not a Khan. I also believe that God would have been just as kind to me even if I were not born a Khan. I would still have become a superstar. The Khan era started only 15 years ago. Earlier , it used to be the Kumars, Khannas and the Kapoors. Your labour and luck pays off in the industry. I am glad to see Akshay as a superstar today.

- Shahrukh Khan -

"I am a fan of Akshay Kumar since childhood. I met him few days back. I have never seen such a handsome man in my life."

- Sania Mirza -

Karan Johar's Koffee w/ Karan Tv Celeb Chat Show

excerpt: Akshay Kumar says that we should ask Yash Chopra and you why you never consider him.

I admire Akshay because he’s fought to survive. He’s a super actor and I’d love to work with him. I really believe he’s hung in there.

Beyond everything, I’d like to have him and Tina (Twinkle) on my show — Tina is a childhood friend. We played at birthday parties together. I think there’d be fun stories and an easy vibe.

We have featured in five films together and we climbed the ladder together. We were shooting for Khiladi at Hill Road, Bandra, Mumbai and it was chase scene which involved rickshaw driving in from the corner of the road. When the shot was being delayed, Akshay took us to the juice centre close by and director duo Abbas-Mustan kept yelling for the rickshaw to appear in frame and we were playing truant sipping chilled orange juice!

- Ayesha Jhulka -

Shiney speaks about Akki!...

Excerpts from Shiney Ahuja's interview:

But a film glossy recently carried a story of how Priyadarshan and Akshay Kumar had ganged up against you during Bhool Bhulaiya?

Was there a statement from Akshay, Priyadarshan or me? No. So there! It was pure speculation.

So you’re saying your role in the film will be retained in entirety despite the presence of Akshay Kumar and his snipping scissors?

We’ll know once we see the film, right? (Chuckles). All I can say is that Bhool Bhulaiya has been a very good experience and Akshay’s been like an elder brother. He’s supportive, great fun and very disciplined. He doesn’t drink or smoke, gets up early in the morning and never misses a workout. We played a lot of cricket together. I guess the fact that we’re both Punjabis is the reason we vibe so well. I see myself becoming like Akshay in a couple of years .

Akshay Kumar is impressive, says Katrina

Katrina is on a high nowadays after the success of her last film Namastey London but she is unnecessarily grateful to Akshay Kumar for agreeing to do Namastey London with her.

Katrina praises Akshay as she says, “Not too many actors in his position would want to do a female-oriented subject. But Akshay had absolutely no qualms. I like that. He is very impressive”

Katrina also went to praise Akshay for his off-screen behaviour with her during the shooting of Humko Deewana Kar Gaye
Изображение

Cahan
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Cahan » 08 сен 2008 21:31

Richa Gangopadhyay, Miss India USA

Friday, May 23, 2008: (Michigan):

Currently I am little busy with the many responsibilities that have come with the Miss India USA title. Besides this I am also actively exploring modeling and Bollywood.

I will be playing the lead female role in a Hindi movie being made by an independent Indian Director in the US.

I took this opportunity to explore what is involved in movie making and acting. The movie will give me a chance to play a very versatile role of a young woman journalist, settled in New York.

Apart from this, I have done acted in school plays, but plan to take refresher classes as soon when I get more time. I was offered a sponsorship last year to attend Anupam Kher's 'Actor Prepares' school. Hope I can do that some day.

I absolutely love Bollyood films and am a huge fan of Hrithik, who is the perfect man in my mind. He is intense, thoroughly professional; master in his art yet a soft-spoken, non-snobbish person in real life.

Shah Rukh Khan has always been one of my all-time favourites from the first time I saw him in Baazigar.

I felt so jealous when my mom was asked by Saif to come up on stage in Detroit and dance to his music, and was complimented by him!

I love Akshay Kumar because he is straight up hilarious and can always bring a smile to my face in every comedy role he's played. Amongst Indian female actresses I like Rani Mukherjee, Konkona Sen Sharma, Sushmita Sen and the stunning looks of Aishwarya and Shilpa Shetty.

Everyone said that i was making a mistake casting Akshay in my comedies but it is the comedies that have made him the darling of the masses. His best quality is that he doesn't shirk from hard work and takes everything you throw at him as a challenge. This is the quality of a survivor and will see him surmount hurdles in future as well.
He is at his peak as an actor now and given his fine physical condition as well, he is bound to reign in the years to come.

- Priyadarshan -

His star is definitely on the rise. He has even built up a fan base abroad which has given a big boost to his ratings.
What i like about him is that he has gone about his career in a methodical manner and doesn't sign a film just for money but for furthering his career. He still has much untapped talent left in him and in the coming years we are bound to see a bigger, better Akshay Kumar.

- Taran Adarsh -

“Akshay Kumar! I have been a great fan of his right from the beginning and when I got an opportunity to work with him in ‘Singh is Kinng’ I was delighted. We’ve already shot few scenes and Akshay too made me feel extremely comfortable. He had no starry tantrums or ego hassles. He is extremely focussed and helped me enhance my comic scenes!”

- Neha Dupia

Excerpts from Shantipriya

What roles are you looking for in films?

I am being extremely choosy about my roles because I want to play heroine to my first hero from Saugandh Akshay Kumar.

Which of Akshay Kumar’s films have you seen in recent times?

There’s a big list but the most recent one is Bhool Bhulaiya. I just loved that song and dance with the drums and wished I were dancing with him.

Any films that moved you and felt you should have done them?

Yes. I would have loved to play Tabu’s role in Astitva, Kajol’s in Gupt and Priyanka’s (Chopra) in Aitraaz. I am itching to do an out and out negative role.

Cahan
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Cahan » 08 сен 2008 21:51

Assumption University to honour Bollywood star

A Bollywood star will be conferred with an honorary degree by Assumption University later this month.

Akshay Kumar, who has starred in more than 80 Bollywood films, including the popular Khiladi series, will be conferred with an honorary Doctor of Laws during spring convocation on Friday, May 9 at 8 p.m. in the Assumption University chapel.

Assumption University president and vice-chancellor Rev. Dr. Paul Rennick said Kumar was selected on the recommendation of Indo-Canadian businessman Ajay Virmani, a previous recipient of an honorary doctorate.

"He (Kumar) seems to have a special connection to Canada," said Reddick. "He has been involved in numerous philanthropic endeavours."

Reddick said Windsor has a large and growing Indian population and many international students from India study at the University of Windsor.

"We thought it was a way not only to honour the individual but a way to acknowledge the entire Indian community," said Reddick.

:D

Akshay Kumar will soon become a doctor courtesy the University of Windsor (Ontario), which will confer an honourary doctorate to the star on May 9 in Toronto, Canada.

And the Khildadi star has one person to thank for the honour.

The person in question is Ajay Virmani, Cargojet President, who himself received a similar degree from the University of Windsor. Virmani's involvement with Bollywood stars goes way back; in fact, Akki calls him 'uncle'. Virmani has also financed Deepa Mehta's Water.

"Akshay helped raise half a million dollars three years ago for the Trillium Health Center in Mississauga," Virmani, who was the chairman of the fund raising committee, said.

According to Virmani, Akshay is a 'permanent resident of Canada' after the actor's application for a 'landed status' was approved. "He has been keeping his permanent visa since then," Virmani said.

All this -- raising funds for the Trillium Hospital and the fact that he's a landed immigrant -- probably led the University to grant the actor the honourary degree.

"After I got the honourary degree, I recommended Akshay's name and have been lobbying for it since then," Virmani said. He added that he has been asked by the University to 'read the citation' and help the Chancellor to confer the degree on the actor.

Akshay Kumar has many reasons to celebrate. The man had four releases last year and all the films were superhit at the Box Office. This year, his first release Tashan failed to create the same magic but Akshay did walk away with loads of praises for his performance. The actor will soon be making his appearance on the small screen as well by hosting a reality show called Fear Factor- Khatron Ke Khiladi. And if this was not enough, Akki will now be receiving an honorary doctorate from a Canadian University.

"The University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada, will bestow Akshay with an honorary doctorate on May 9. It's basically for all the social work that he has done in Canada. The University called him up to present him the doctorate," says Akshay's spokesperson.

In the recent past, such kind of honorary doctorates from foreign Universities were given to film personalities like Yash Chopra, Amitabh Bachchan, Shabana Azmi and Shilpa Shetty.
Изображение

Cahan
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Cahan » 09 сен 2008 08:28

HAPPY BIRTHDAY как говорится :lol: :lol: :lol:
Изображение

Neha
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Neha » 09 сен 2008 09:27

Cahan писал(а):HAPPY BIRTHDAY как говорится :lol: :lol: :lol:
Целиком и полностью присоединяюсь - вчера уж не стала, заранее не поздравляют.. А сегодня - Миллион добрых пожеланий, и пусть у него все будет хорошо!!!

С днем рождения!!!

Neha
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Neha » 09 сен 2008 09:31

и к дню рождения - она из моих самых-самых любимых..

Изображение

Ответить